Friday, May 6, 2011

Springtime in Blacksburg

It’s time to finish the story of my fish, especially since lots of activity has occurred at Clay Corner Inn! One evening after a weekly cleaning of my fish tank, I was careless with making sure the divider was firmly in place and the next morning I found Roger huddled over Opal, hiding in the corner. I quickly fixed the situation and have had no problems since!



Our new packages have been unveiled on our website, so be sure to peruse them before making your next reservation! One package includes a movie at the Lyric theatre Theatre and cash for downtown, or another is dinner at the Palisades and a book about Mary Draper Ingles’ dramatic escape from the Cherokee Indians in the mid-1700s. She was found near the New River not far from the restaurant. My personal favorite, and most practical package, is the to-go snack basket. It comes in an adorable (will post pictures soon!) insulated lunch tote, with the Clay Corner Inn logo, that you can take hiking, on a picnic, or if you’re planning on becoming a Hokie, it’s the perfect energy booster for spending a day on campus. Be sure to ask what package is right for your trip when you book your room.


Right now I’m hosting a luncheon for the Civil Engineering department from Virginia Tech. All the prep work yesterday made this a smooth event, and they are enjoying a lunch buffet before a casual, afternoon meeting. If you’re interested in an office meeting or small luncheon, give us a call to discuss options. I’m more than happy to help you arrange an event for your group!




This evening is a First Friday in Downtown Blacksburg. We participate with an art crawl and cookie bar every month. Make sure to stop by if you're in town!



This past week we had the opportunity to give the inn a “spring cleaning”. We had our carpets cleaned and planted many flowers. The window boxes add color to the house, and the geraniums out on the deck and around the pool are beautiful. I even planted my garden, so I’m hoping to share the harvest with guests this year, as I planted more! Keep your fingers crossed for fresh cantaloupe and blueberries, along with zucchini muffins at breakfast.


Happy Spring, Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment